Central Tucson News:
Dear Central Tucson Families,
I’m writing to inform you that a scholar tested positive for COVID-19. After contacting the Epidemiologists Investigations Team at Pima County Health Department and examining all of the information and data provided to us today by the Pima County Health Department, their determination is that the school, staff and scholars are at a low risk. However, out of an overabundance of caution, we are going to close the 6th grade cohort for 14 days to be able to perform a deep cleaning of all surfaces in our school to ensure an extra level of safety.
We understand that this news can be unsettling and cause for concern. It is important to note that we ensure that our grade levels remain in their cohorts throughout the school day. The 6th grade classes are even more isolated, as they are the only cohort in our middle school building this year.
Please remember that the best plan for addressing the COVID-19 virus is to remain informed and follow the simple steps to help contain the spread of this virus:
- Continue to wear a mask at all times
- Practice social distancing
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue, cloth, or with your inner elbow when sneezing and/or coughing.
- Always thoroughly wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- When soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer to wash hands.
- And of course, if you are not feeling well, please stay home when you are sick. This is a good habit to follow for any illness but even more important given the current spread of COVID-19
The impact of the COVID-19 virus is a very dynamic and fluid situation. How we address this today may not be the same practice or protocol for future cases. We are in constant contact with public health officials at Pima County, the State of Arizona, and the Center for Disease Control. We will continue to work directly with them and follow their recommendations on containing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We are always available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. I know that by working together and communicating we will ensure that Leman Academy of Excellence will remain a great place for our scholars, your children, to learn and grow. Thank you for your continued partnership.