The job of the SAC is to work collaboratively with school leadership on reviewing high-level academic data, developing our school’s Unified Improvement Plan, recommending budget priorities, facilitating the annual student survey, and providing general community feedback. We meet once per month and have mixed-campus parent, teacher, and administrative representation.
The SAC will:
- Represent the Leman Academy of Excellence community point of view;
- Make recommendations and/or give advice to the Principal;
- Focus on needs and concerns of Leman Academy's community;
- Review various components of the school program and advise the principal as to how well these meet the school and community needs;
- Designate a representative to the District Advisory Committee;
- Serve to facilitate communications between the Leman Academy community and to the District Accountability Committee;
- Adopt by-laws consistent with the Douglas County School District's organizational guidelines;
- Conduct an annual needs assessments/survey for the formulation of school improvement goals;
- Cooperatively develop areas of study based upon school baseline data and school profile information;
- Help in the development of the school improvement plan;
- Meet on a quarterly basis at a time when the majority of all members of the community can attend;
- Open its meetings to the public, and publish the time, date and location of the meetings;
- Meet other requirements as indicated in state law.