Upcoming News You Can Use
With our first official week beginning on Monday, we thought it would be a good idea to give you a few updates, resources and highlights from our first two days!
The first PTO Meeting to be held in the MPR room on August 7, 2017 in the MPR room at 6:00 p.m. Please be sure to come and meet other parents and find out ways you may choose to volunteer. If you have any questions, please contact the PTO President.
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 pm KINDERGARTEN
6:00 p.m. – 6:45 pm FIRST GRADE
7:00 p.m. – 7:45 pm SECOND GRADEWednesday, August 16, 2017:
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 pm THIRD GRADE
6:00 p.m. – 6:45 pm SIXTH/SEVENTH GRADESThursday, AUGUST 17, 2017:
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 pm FOURTH GRADE
6:00 p.m. – 6:45 pm FIFTH GRADE
Please refer to the previous newsletter sent last week below. If your scholar is in grades 1,3,5,7 please consider entering the school from Marianne Ave. instead of the driveway off of Wilcox.After School Tutoring will begin on Monday, August 7, 2017. In order to help us appropriately plan, please RSVP for Monday’s TUTORING SESSION HERE.
School Lunch will begin being served on August 7, 2017. Orders can uploaded until 7:00 am on the day of service. If you have any questions regarding this, please email Ms. Gretchen McEuen at email@example.com. Don’t forget you can buy any staff member lunch to show appreciation by clicking on their name.
We are looking to hire Guest Teachers (substitutes), Reading/Math Interventionists, and afterbell staff. If you are interested please go to our website and fill out the application and/or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need atleast 3 more guest teachers (bachelor degrees are required).
In order to help our teachers focus on teaching, we are looking for a “few good men/women” to help us by becoming copy moms/dads. If you can help us by making copies for our teachers, please email me at email@example.com. We will set up a meeting to go over details.
Scholar Hours will not begin until the last week of August or per teacher availability after then.
As a reminder, we will no longer allowed parents to escort scholars in the building beginning on Monday.
We would LOVE to have PARENT volunteers help us with morning playground duty. If you are on campus anyway, please consider volunteering by helping keep scholars safe while they play in the morning.
We would also love for parents to volunteer at lunch time. If you are free, please consider helping us out during recess and lunch. If interested, please email Mrs. McEuen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider donating water to all of the staff members working hard to help with the traffic after school.
Please consider donating small bottles of water, snacks such as crackers, granola bars, and other such food items for the nurse to house in the case of an emergency.
The fastest and easiest way we can communicate with you is our newsletter, teacher’s remind app, and email. If you do not have your teaher’s remind app, please get this from them ASAP.
Our Website if FILLED with information. Many questions we filed in the front office have answers found on the website. Avoid the wait, browse the website at www.lemanacademy.com.
Watching scholars light up during the red carpet welcome.
Watching Scholars light up during our Soul Train Welcome.
Watching scholars smiling ear to ear throughout the entire day.
Meeting all of the new Leman Family Members
Watching all of the new kindergaren scholars (my son included) find a little bit of independence on the first day of school — scary for some, but all of them demonstrated perseverance as they worked through their emotions.
4, 5, 6 grade Pick up on Friday! 🙂
We improved our pick up time by 16 minutes from Thursday to Friday. Everyday is getting better. There were a few hiccups that we are still working out. Thank you for continuing to be patient as we learn how to best manuever traffic during this busy time.
SCHOLAR PICK-UP UPDATES – PLEASE READ
First and foremost, I would like to thank you all for an amazing first day of school. It was so great to have the scholars back on campus.
There are a few ways that in which you can help make sure that traffic flow is better:
2. Please do not exit the vehicle while in the pick-up or drop off lane.
3. If your child doesn’t know how to strap themselves in the car seat, please let us know when we are putting your child in the car. We can help.
4. If you do not have a dash card, we will not release the children to you. Please pick them up in the front office before pick up.
5. Please remember that K, 2, 4, 6 will be picked up in front of the school.Grades 1,3, 5, 7 will be picked up in front of the flag pole.
6. If you are a parent of multiple children, please remember that you will be picking up all of your children with the latest released child. EVERY child who is waiting on a younger scholars will go to transition.
7. If you have scholars that get out at the same time, but are in different grades, please pick them up with the lowest grade child. For example, if you have a child in 5th grade, and a child in 4th grade, both of your children will be with the 4th grade teacher (in front of the flag pole). Please call before pick up if you have questions.
8. Please be reminded that EVERY THURSDAY is early release. SCHOLARS WILL STILL EAT LUNCH DURING SCHOOL. Only half days will be a time when lunch won’t be eaten on campus.
9. Please refer to your school calendar for differing school dates and times.
10. Please be patient with us, and fellow parents, as we are all transitioning to a new year!This is going to be an amazing year! I have never been more proud of our scholars and our families. We are going to do wonderful things this year. If any of our returning parents can remember what pick up was like at the beginning of the year, you will rest at ease knowing that it does get better, faster, and easier. The very first few days of school are always a little overwhelming. Overall, everything went very well and most importantly, the kids are happy to be here and to learn.Thank you for your continued partnership! Below is the last newsletter for your reference!
Please return all forms that were given out at the Meet and Greet to your scholar’s teacher. If you were not at the Meet and Greet please come and pick up the forms from the front office.
Please remember to use your dashboard cards. They are the cards that were given in the folders at the Meet and Greet. Please fill out teachers and scholars names. Teachers will not let release your scholar to you or anyone if you do not have the card with you.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Information
If you are a parent of multiple Leman Academy Scholars, you may drop off and pick up all of your children at the same time. Campus opens at 7:15 am for all scholars and the Transition program (no charge) is provided for the scholars while they wait for their siblings to be dismissed. This is done to assist parents as well as to help alleviate traffic and congestion on the street and parking lot.
Leman Academy Administrators and Staff members will be there to greet, assist and guide each scholar every morning. Please see the attached Traffic Flow Map for a visual representation.
during the first few days, please bear with us as we are learning to accommodate all of our new Leman family members. We encourage carpooling.
IMPORTANT: Please do not pick-up your child until the prescribed pick-up time. This will allow for a smoother pick-up for each of the grade levels. Please see below for your child’s Start and End Times:
Start & End Times for All Grade Levels
7th Grade – 7:45 am – 2:05 pm
6th Grade – 7:45 am – 1:25 pm
5th Grade – 7:45 am – 1:25 pm
4th Grade – 7:45 am – 1:25 pm
3rd Grade – 8:00 am – 1:40 pm
2nd Grade – 8:00 am – 1:40 pm
1st Grade – 8:15 am – 1:55 pm
Kinder – 8:15 am – 1:55 pm
Kinder 1/2 day – 8:15 am – 12:15 pm
Start & End Times for All Grade Levels
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
7th Grade – 7:45 am – 3:05 pm
6th Grade – 7:45 am – 2:25 pm
5th Grade – 7:45 am – 2:25 pm
4th Grade – 7:45 am – 2:25 pm
3rd Grade – 8:00 am – 2:40 pm
2nd Grade – 8:00 am – 2:40 pm
1st Grade – 8:15 am – 2:55 pm
Kinder – 8:15 am – 2:55 pm
Kinder (1/2 day) – 8:15 am – 12:15 pm
- AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL Monday August 7, 2017. The charge will be $7.00 a day.
- Also, please be reminded to pack your scholar’s lunch on the first two days of school. Hot lunch will not be available until Monday, August 7, 2017
- We need HELP in the Lunch Program. Many of our Parent Volunteers from last year have moved on (with some being hired on our campuses as well). We need extra hands, feet and eyes to monitor the playground and cafeteria. Please contact Gretchen McEuen if you wish to be that person to help and fill a need: email@example.com.
- PLEASE have your child keep their Fidget Spinner at home. It is not to be brought to school to be used. Thank you for partnering with the administration, faculty and staff on this.
- PLEASE share with your child that if he/she wishes to have a Cell Phone at school, it is not to be used during school hours. It should be kept in his/her backpack and turned off. We have many scholars of all ages with cell phones at school, which is acceptable. My priority is to protect the learning environment for all of our scholars, and cell phones should not be going off in the classroom.