If you are a parent who wants your child to be challenged academically, engaged in school, and prepared for life, Leman Academy is the best choice for your child.
Our school was founded on the educational philosophies of Dr. Kevin Leman, an internationally known psychologist, author and speaker. Our teachers practice Dr. Leman’s philosophies, encouraging and challenging scholars to learn a curriculum taught with an approach that makes learning fun. We create a safe environment in which scholars learn to think independently, develop self-discipline and accountability as well as respect for themselves and others.
Our Core Values
High academic standards inspire a high level of performance.
We have adopted a rigorous, classical approach to education. We believe that the classical model’s holistic approach is exceptionally outstanding in preparing scholars to retain knowledge, think logically and analytically, communicate effectively and succeed in life by being responsible, caring, contributing members of society.
Primary education begins in the home.
We believe that parents have the ultimate responsibility for the education of their children. We serve as an extension of the home, partnering with parents in the intellectual, social, emotional and ethical development of their children. Parental support is essential to the success of educating young people with a classical approach to education.
Each child has value with specific gifts.
We believe children are unique and worthy of our utmost attention, love and respect. The child’s mind is not a blank slate or a bucket to be filled. We believe that each child has powers of mind, and therefore, we should provide a rich and generous curriculum, taking care only that all knowledge offered is vital. Facts are not presented without their informing ideas, allowing scholars to think in an independent and critical fashion.
Our Core Beliefs
- Like Plato, the highest goal of education is to become good both intellectually and morally.
- Teachers and scholars developing meaningful relationships will only increase the scholar’s sense of belonging to the school.
- Educating young people is the shared responsibility of the entire community.
- Understanding all forms of diversity is essential in a global society.
- Everyone has the responsibility to contribute to the greater good of the school community.
- Life lessons, accountability, responsibility and discipline are taught through natural consequences, rather than “punishment.”
- Learning is fun in a safe, interactive, vibrant and challenging environment.
- Scholars enjoy learning, making progress, and being able to achieve.
Leman Virtual Academy
Award-Winning Classical Education, Anywhere Your Family Goes
Our online school offers Arizona K-8 scholars the opportunity to receive the same education as our brick-and-mortar schools in a flexible, virtual setting.