Leman Academy will now be participating in the annual Douglas County School District (DCSD) online Open Enrollment process to fill K-8 openings and as such, does not maintain a wait list.
Scholars must be 5 years of age by October 1st and fully potty trained to be eligible to attend school in the fall.
Kindergarten: According to the C.R.S. 22-54-103, a child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if the child is five years of age. A child is deemed five years of age if the child reaches the age of five before October 1st of the current school year.
First Grade: According to the C.R.S. 22-54-103, a child is eligible for first grade if the child is six years of age. A child is deemed six years of age if the child reaches the age of six before October 1st of the current school year.
Enrollment for upcoming school year:
Parents interested in K-8 enrollment at Leman Academy need to complete DCSD Open Enrollment for their child to be eligible for openings.
- Open Enrollment through DCSD must be completed every year -- previous years' Open Enrollment lists do not "roll forward".
- Open enrollment is only for families who wish to move their scholar(s) to a school that is different from their assigned neighborhood school.
- Scholars who are currently enrolled at Leman Academy do not need to complete the Open Enrollment process.
If you are interested in attending Leman Academy for the coming school year, you must select your school of choice through EngageEd during the K-8 Open Enrollment window: Opens November 1st at 8:00am and closes on December 1st at 4:00pm. Please look for the Open Enrollment Link on the DSCD website (dscdk12.org) during the Open Enrollment Window.
Enrollment preferences will be given to scholars who meet the following criteria in the order listed:
- Applicants who are siblings of an already-enrolled LAE scholar. Note: this includes the following: If two or more siblings submit completed application packets during the open enrollment period, and a sibling is randomly selected by lottery for enrollment, the other sibling(s) will be given preference in the enrollment process.
- Applicants who are children, grandchildren, or legal wards of:
- Employees of the school
- Employees of the charter holder
- Members of the governing body of the school,
- Directors, officers, partners, or board members of the charter holder, or
- Founding Family members. These students will not exceed 20% of the school population.
- Transferring scholars moving from one Leman school to another Leman school.
- In-District (DCSD) Scholars.
Enrollment for current school year:
If you are seeking enrollment for the current school year, please contact Starla.email@example.com. Please understand we do not enroll scholars after September of each year.
Open Enrollment can only be completed online through the DCSD’s Open Enrollment tool during the Open Enrollment windows. Parents wishing to Open Enroll need a DCSD EngageEd Parent Portal account.
Parents who have a student enrolled in any DCSD school should already have a DCSD EnagED Parent Portal account. Parents who have forgotten their account credentials or are having trouble logging in to their Parent Portal, SHOULD NOT create a new account. This may VOID the Open Enrollment application. Parents either should contact their child’s current DCSD school for assistance or the DCSD Choice Programming office.
Parents who have never had a student enrolled at a DCSD school will need to create a DCSD EnagED Parent Portal account. (Please note: Account creation cannot be done before Open Enrollment begins. You will create your account during the Open Enrollment process dates.) Once created, parents will use their credentials (username and password) to access and complete Open Enrollment for their child. Parents should retain these credentials for future use.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to use the tool.
Please look for the Open Enrollment Link on the DSCD website (dscdk12.org) during the Open Enrollment Windows:
- First Round Open Enrollment opens on November 1st at 8am and closes on December 1st at 4:00pm.
- Second Round of Open Enrollment opens on January 23rd at 8am and closes on August 1st at 4:00pm.
Round One: November 1st @ 8:00 am through December 1st @ 4:00 pm
- First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-serve; you have until December 1st 4:00 pm to complete this process.
- You may request that a confirmation email be sent to you after your request has been submitted.
- You can change your open enrollment request choices at any time until December 1st at 4:00 pm.
- Parents can log in to EngageEd on December 10th to see offer(s).
- Parents have until December 17th at 4:00 pm to accept any enrollment offers.
- If you did not receive any offers during the First Round, you will remain on the waitlist for the Second Round of Open Enrollment.
Round Two: January 24th @ 8:00 am – August 1st @ 4:00 pm.
- If you were put on the waitlist during the first round, you will still be on that list for the second round.
- Leman Academy will ONLY reach out to you when and if a spot becomes available.
- Offers during the second round will be made via the email address parents submitted during Open Enrollment. Email offers include specific deadlines that must be met to proceed with the enrollment process.
You can go to Douglas County School District Choice Programming for more information.