Leman Academy has staggered start and end times (see below for Bell & Class Schedules). We do not provide transportation, and this alleviates long carpool lines and honors our parent's time.
- Families are welcome to drop scholars off at school beginning at 7:30 AM (M, T, Th, F), regardless of grade level. Staff supervision will be provided to all scholars beginning at this time at no extra cost to families, for the convenience of those with scholars enrolled in various grade levels. Please drop off scholars at the earliest start time and pick up all siblings (or carpool scholars) at the latest end time. Younger scholars will be supervised in what we call "Transition" in the cafeteria and may work on homework until they are called out by radio to their car.
- Please notice our Late Start Wednesdays. School starts one hour later than other days. Scholars may be dropped off at 8:30 AM. Leman offers a Before and After Care Program that families may purchase if they need to drop off their child sooner.
Please click here for more information.
BELL SCHEDULE 2022-2023
Lunch: GC = Grammar Cafeteria/LC = Logic Cafeteria
|MON - TUES - THUR - FRI|
|½ Day Kinder||8:05 am - 12:00 pm||West Gate||None|
|Full-Day Kinder||8:05 am- 2:45 pm||South Gate||11:45 am - 12:20 pm GC|
|1st Grade||8:05 am - 2:50 pm||West Gate||12:15 pm - 12:50 pm GC|
|2nd Grade||8:05 am - 2:55 pm||South Gate||12:45 pm - 1:20 pm GC|
|3rd Grade||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||West Gate||12:10 pm - 14:45 pm LC|
|4th Grade||8:00 am - 3:10 pm||South Gate||12:45 pm - 1:20 pm LC|
|5th Grade||7:55 am - 3:15 pm||West Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am GC|
|HS Enrichment||9:00 am - 3:15 pm||North Flag Pole||11:50 am- 12:25 pm LC|
|6th Grade||7:45 am - 3:30 pm||West Gate||11:00 am- 11:45 am LC|
|7th Grade||7:45 am - 3:30 pm||South Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am LC|
|8th Grade||7:45 am - 3:30 pm||South Gate||11:00 am -11:45 am GC|
|WEDNESDAY - ONE HOUR LATE START|
|½ Day Kinder||9:05 am - 12:00 pm||West Gate||None|
|Full-Day Kinder||9:05 am - 2:45 pm||South Gate||11:45 am - 12:20 pm GC|
|1st Grade||9:05 am - 2:50 pm||West Gate||12:15 pm - 12:50 pm GC|
|2nd Grade||9:05 am - 2:55 pm||South Gate||12:45 pm - 1:20 pm GC|
|3rd Grade||9:00 am - 3:00 pm||West Gate||12:10 pm - 14:45 pm LC|
|4th Grade||9:00 am - 3:10 pm||South Gate||12:45 pm - 1:20 pm LC|
|5th Grade||8:55 am - 3:15 pm||West Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am GC|
|HS Enrichment||9:00 am - 3:15 pm
|North Flag Pole||11:50 am - 12:25 pm LC|
|6th Grade||8:45 am - 3:30 pm||West Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am LC|
|7th Grade||8:45 am - 3:30 pm||South Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am LC|
|8th Grade||8:45 am - 3:30 pm||South Gate||11:00 am -11:45 am GC|
|EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS (half-day release)|
|½ Day Kinder||8:05 am - 11:15 am||West Gate||None|
|Full-Day Kinder||8:05 am - 11:15 am||South Gate||None|
|1st Grade||8:05 am - 11:20 am||West Gate||None|
|2nd Grade||8:05 am - 11:25 am||South Gate||None|
|3rd Grade||8:00 am - 11:30 am||West Gate||None|
|4th Grade||8:00 am - 11:40 am||South Gate||None|
|5th Grade||7:55 am - 11:45 am||West Gate||None|
|HS Enrichment||9:00 am - 12:30 pm||North Flag Pole||None|
|6th Grade||7:45 am - 12:25 pm||West Gate||None|
|7th Grade||7:45 am - 12:25 pm||South Gate||None|
|8th Grade||7:45 am - 12:25 pm||South Gate||None|
|INCLEMENT WEATHER DELAYED START TIMES (90-minute delayed start)|
|½ Day Kinder||No School when
delayed start is
called by DCSD
|Full-Day Kinder||9:35 am - 2:45 pm||South Gate||11:45 am - 12:20 pm GC|
|1st Grade||9:35 am - 2:50 pm||West Gate||12:15 pm - 12:50 pm GC|
|2nd Grade||9:35 am - 2:55 pm||South Gate||12:45 pm - 1:20 pm GC|
|3rd Grade||9:30 am - 3:00 pm||West Gate||12:10 pm- 12:45 pm LC|
|4th Grade||9:30 am - 3:10 pm||South Gate||12:45 pm - 1:20 pm LC|
|5th Grade||9:25 am - 3:15 pm||West Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am GC|
|HS Enrichment||9:45 am - 3:15 pm||North Flag Pole||11:50 am - 12:25 pm LC|
|6th Grade||9:15 am - 3:30 pm||West Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am LC|
|7th Grade||9:15 am - 3:30 pm||South Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am LC|
|8th Grade||9:15 am - 3:30 pm||South Gate||11:00 am - 11:45 am GC|
Scholar Drop Off/Pick Up Pattern
Leman Academy is committed to safety and respect. We count on our supportive families to follow this pattern and show respect to one another. Together, we are our scholars' most important role models.
Normal Drop Off/Pick Up Pattern:
- Parking in front of the building is not permitted due to this being the FIRE LANE. We have installed five - 15-minute parking spots located by the crosswalk at the front of the building for your convenience. If you are not parked in a designated parking space, you may not leave your car unattended.
- All of your children can be dropped off at your oldest child’s start time and picked up at your oldest child’s end time and “Gate”. Please pull all the way to the front of the line before you stop as this allows as many scholars to exit cars as possible each time.
- Use the shortest line to drop off your child(ren) in the morning.
- Please pick up your child(ren) at the side you pick your eldest scholar up from. That is your designated Pick Up Gate for the year. This information can be found toward the bottom of this page labeled “Drop off/ Pick up Map”. The West and South Gates will open at 7:30 AM on Mon./Tues./Thurs./Fri. and at 8:30 AM on Wednesday. All scholars will need to be picked up by 3:30 PM. Scholar supervision will not be provided outside of these hours. Scholars who are still remaining after 3:30 PM will go to Champions or Late Fees will be assessed.
- As we continue to ensure the health and well-being of our scholars and staff, we ask that parents not linger, but drop off their scholars and head out. Kindergarten parents are welcome to walk their scholar to the playground, but then please exit the courtyard promptly, as tempting as it is to linger. We appreciate your support in this.
- Although walking your child(ren) to the building and lingering is tempting, Dr. Leman says it is best to drop and go. We encourage you to do this - just pull up to the sidewalk, wave at the administrators, and feel proud of your child growing up to be more independent. We promise, no matter their age, we will take care of them. If you do walk your child to the outside door, please model civility and kindness by using the crosswalk, and do not make traffic stop until they have filled up the sidewalk with cars to load and unload
- As scholars enter, each grade level has a designated area to go until their teachers begin class.
- Kindergarten -- inside the gated playground located on the courtyard.
- Grades 1-5 -- will gather on the courtyard until released to homerooms.
- Grades 6-8 (Middle School) -- will proceed directly to their lockers.
- At pick-up time, your Car Placard is required to collect your child(ren) that are in grades K-4 (our Grammar School). You will receive your placards at Teacher Meet and Greet. Please ensure you have a placard for each vehicle. Leman Academy will not compromise on scholar safety. If you do not present your Car Placard, you will be required to park and enter the front office to prove you are an authorized person for pick up. You will be required to show your driver's license. Scholars in grades 5-8 (our Logic School) are old enough to responsibly load themselves and their younger siblings in your car or to walk using the crosswalk to where you are parked. We appreciate your placard still being visible for safety reasons, but your 5th-8th grade children will be allowed to self load themselves and their younger siblings.
- Please "double stack" (see map) to avoid backing up traffic on Parker and Stroh road. Cars will alternate into the single lane from there. Patience will be necessary because scholar and staff safety always comes first.
- As always, we expect our Leman Community to model courtesy, respect, and kindness for our scholars in all we do.
Lightning or Inclement Weather Pick-Up Plan:
When lightning is near, per DCSD, we are unable to allow scholars out of the building like we normally do. If parents would like to brave the weather and collect their child(ren), they are welcome to. If they would like to wait until the weather passes to pick up their child, that is ok as well.
- When needed, we will send an "email blast" to all guardians notifying them of a Lightning Dismissal. We will also post a Lightning Flag at each entrance (West/South) onto our property.
- We recommend keeping an umbrella in the car! You never know when Colorado weather will change in an instant.
- If you would like to collect your child(ren) from the building, we ask that you park in either a parking space or in the far right lane. This will allow traffic to keep flowing around your vehicle. Bring your car placard to the nearest door (south gate, west gate, or Front Office.) If you do not have your car placard you must enter the front office and prove you are an authorized person for pick up so bring your driver’s license.
- Siblings will not be together - they will each remain in their own classroom with their teacher.
- A staff member will be at each door of the building to enter your child’s name into the computer system, and they will be sent out to meet you. Parents/Guardians will remain outside the building, so bring your umbrella.
- Teachers will keep their scholars in classrooms and let them work ahead on homework or relax until their parent/guardian comes.
- Scholar safety is our number one priority! Our next priority is not to back up traffic on Reata Street or Stroh Road.
REMEMBER-THIS ONLY WORKS IF EVERYONE FOLLOWS THE PATTERN.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!