Leman Academy has staggered start and end times (see below for Bell & Class Schedules). We do not provide transportation, and this alleviates long carpool lines and honors our parent's time.
- Families are welcome to drop scholars off at school beginning at 7:30 AM (M, T, Th, F), regardless of grade level. Staff supervision will be provided to all scholars beginning at this time at no extra cost to families, for the convenience of those with scholars enrolled in various grade levels. Please drop off scholars at the earliest start time and pick up all siblings (or carpool scholars) at the latest end time. Younger scholars will be supervised in what we call "Transition" in the cafeteria and may work on homework until they are called out by radio to their car.
- Please notice our Late Start Wednesdays. School starts one hour later than other days. Scholars may be dropped off at 8:30 AM. Leman offers a Before and After Care Program that families may purchase if they need to drop off their child sooner.
Please click here for more information.
BELL SCHEDULE 2020-2021
|MON - TUES - THUR - FRI|
|½ Day Kinder||8:15 am - 11:45 am||Lunch/Recess||None|
|Kinder||8:15 am - 2:35 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:15 pm - 12:55 pm|
|1st Grade||8:00 am - 2:45 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:55 pm - 1:35 pm|
|2nd Grade||8:05 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||10:45 am - 11:30 am (recess 1st)|
|3rd Grade||8:10 am - 3:05 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:50 am - 12:30 pm|
|4th Grade||7:55 am - 3:15 pm||Lunch/Recess||10:45 am - 11:25 am|
|5th Grade||7:50 am - 3:20 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:35 pm - 1:15 pm|
|6th Grade||7:45 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm (recess 1st)|
|7th Grade||7:45 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm|
|8th Grade||7:45 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm|
WEDNESDAY - ONE HOUR LATE START
|½ Day Kinder||9:15 am - 11:45 am||Lunch/Recess||None|
|Kinder||9:15 am - 2:35 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:15 pm - 12:55 pm|
|1st Grade||9:00 am - 2:45 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:55 pm - 1:35 pm|
|2nd Grade||9:05 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||10:45 am - 11:30 am (recess 1st)|
|3rd Grade||9:10 am - 3:05 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:50 am - 12:30 pm|
|4th Grade||8:55 am - 3:15 pm||Lunch/Recess||10:45 am- 11:25 am|
|5th Grade||8:50 am - 3:20 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:35 pm - 1:15 pm|
|6th Grade||8:45 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm (recess 1st)|
|7th Grade||8:45 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm|
|8th Grade||8:45 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm|
|EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS (half day release)|
|½ Day Kinder||8:15 am - 11:15 am||Lunch||None|
|Kinder||8:15 am - 11:15 am||Lunch||None|
|1st Grade||8:00 am - 11:25 am||Lunch||None|
|2nd Grade||8:05 am - 11:35 am||Lunch||None|
|3rd Grade||8:10 am - 11:45 am||Lunch||None|
|4th Grade||7:55 am - 11:55 am||Lunch||None|
|5th Grade||7:50 am - 12:05 pm||Lunch||None|
|6th Grade||7:45 am - 12:15 pm||Lunch||None|
|7th Grade||7:45 am - 12:15 pm||Lunch||None|
|8th Grade||7:45 am - 12:15 pm||Lunch||None|
|INCLEMENT WEATHER DELAYED START TIMES (90 minute delayed start)|
|½ Day Kinder||No School|
|Kinder||9:45 am - 2:35 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:15 pm - 12:55 pm|
|1st Grade||9:30 am - 2:45 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:55 pm - 1:35 pm|
|2nd Grade||9:35 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||10:45 am - 11:30 am (recess 1st)|
|3rd Grade||9:40 am - 3:05 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:50 am - 12:30 pm|
|4th Grade||9:25 am - 3:15 pm||Lunch/Recess||10:45 am - 11:25 am|
|5th Grade||9:20 am - 3:20 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:35 pm - 1:15 pm|
|6th Grade||9:15 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm (recess 1st)|
|7th Grade||9:15 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:24 am - 12:10 pm|
|8th Grade||9:15 am - 3:30 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:25 am - 12:10 pm|
Updated Scholar Drop Off/Pick Up Pattern for 2020-2021
Leman Academy is committed to safety and respect. We count on our supportive families to follow this pattern and show respect to one another. Together, we are our scholars' most important role models.
Normal Drop Off/Pick Up Pattern:
- Parking in front of the building is not permitted due to this being the FIRE LANE. We have installed five - 15-minute parking spots located by the crosswalk at the front of the building for your convenience. If you are not parked in a designated parking space, you may not leave your car unattended.
- Please drop off AND pick up your child(ren) at the side you pick your eldest scholar up from. That is your designated drop off and pick up gate for the year. This is a change from last year and is a recommended COVID practice. This information can be found toward the bottom of this page labeled “Drop off/ Pick up Map”. The West and South sides will open at 7:30 AM on Mon./Tues./Thurs./Fri. and at 8:30 AM on Wednesday. All scholars will need to be picked up by 3:30 PM. Scholar supervision will not be provided outside of these hours. Scholars who are still remaining after 3:30 PM will go to Champions and fees will be assessed.
- All of your children can be dropped off at your oldest child’s start time and picked up at your oldest child’s end time and “Side”. Use the same gate for drop off you use for pick up. Please pull all the way to the front of the sidewalk before you stop as this allows as many scholars to exit cars as possible each time.
- As we continue to ensure the health and well-being of our scholars and staff, we have temporarily closed our building and courtyard to non-staff during the COVID Pandemic. Kindergarten parents are welcome to drop their children off on the south side and watch them from the sidewalk, but cannot walk them into the playground until the covid-19 pandemic is over.
- Although walking your child(ren) to the building and lingering is tempting, Dr. Leman says it is best to drop and go. We encourage you to do this - just pull up to the sidewalk, wave at the administrators, and feel proud of your child growing up to be more independent. We promise, no matter their age, we will take care of them. If you do walk your child to the outside door, please model civility and kindness by using the crosswalk, and do not make traffic stop until they have filled up the sidewalk with cars to load and unload.
- As scholars enter, each grade level has a designated area to go until their teachers begin class.
- Kindergarten -- inside the gated playground located on the courtyard.
- Grades 1-8 -- will proceed directly to their homeroom.
- At pick-up time, your Car Placard is required to collect your child(ren) that are in grades K-4 (our Grammar School). You will receive your placards at Teacher Meet and Greet. Please ensure you have a placard for each vehicle. Leman Academy will not compromise on scholar safety. If you do not present your Car Placard, you will be required to park and enter the front office to prove you are an authorized person for pick up. You will be required to show your driver's license. Scholars in grades 5-8 (our Logic School) are old enough to responsibly load themselves and their younger siblings in your car or to walk using the crosswalk to where you are parked.
- Please "double stack" (see map) to avoid backing up traffic on Parker and Stroh road. Cars will alternate into the single lane from there. Patience will be necessary because scholar and staff safety always comes first.
- As always, we expect our Leman Community to model courtesy, respect, and kindness for our scholars in all we do.
Lightning or Inclement Weather Pick-Up Plan:
When lightning is near, per DCSD, we are unable to allow scholars out of the building like we normally do. If parents would like to brave the weather and collect their child(ren), they are welcome to. If they would like to wait until the weather passes to pick up their child, that is ok as well.
- When needed, we will send an "email blast" to all guardians notifying them of a Lightning Dismissal. We will also post a Lightning Flag at each entrance (West/South) onto our property.
- We recommend keeping an umbrella in the car! You never know when Colorado weather will change in an instant.
- If you would like to collect your child(ren) from the building, we ask that you park in either a parking space or in the far right lane. This will allow traffic to keep flowing around your vehicle. Bring your car placard to the nearest door (south side, west side, or front.) If you do not have your car placard you must enter the front office and prove you are an authorized person for pick up so bring your driver’s license. Remember, non-staff are not allowed in the building (past the lobby) due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Siblings will not be together - they will each remain in their own classroom with their teacher.
- A staff member will be at each door of the building to enter your child’s name into the computer system and they will be sent out to meet you. Parents/Guardians will remain outside the building, so bring your umbrella.
- Teachers will keep their scholars in classrooms and let them work ahead on homework or relax until their parent/guardian comes.
- Scholar safety is our number one priority! Our next priority is not to back up traffic on Reata Street or Stroh Road.
REMEMBER-THIS ONLY WORKS IF EVERYONE FOLLOWS THE PATTERN.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!