Leman Academy has staggered start and end times (see below for Bell & Class Schedules). We do not provide transportation, and this alleviates long carpool lines and honors our parent's time.
- Families are welcome to drop scholars off at school beginning at 7:30 AM (M, T, Th, F), regardless of grade level. Staff supervision will be provided to all scholars beginning at this time at no extra cost to families, for the convenience of those with scholars enrolled in various grade levels. Please drop off scholars at the earliest start time and pick up all siblings (or carpool scholars) at the latest end time. Younger scholars will be supervised in what we call "Transition" in the cafeteria and may work on homework until they are called out by radio to their car.
- Please notice our Late Start Wednesdays. School starts one hour later than other days. Scholars may be dropped off at 8:30 AM. Leman offers a Before and After Care Program that families may purchase if they need to drop off their child sooner.
Please click here for more information.
BELL SCHEDULE 2019-2020
|MON - TUES - THUR - FRI|
|½ Day Kinder||8:05 am - 11:55 am||Lunch/Recess||None|
|Kinder||8:05 am - 2:40 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:55 - 12:30|
|1st Grade||8:00 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:05 - 11:40|
|2nd Grade||8:00 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:30 - 12:05|
|3rd Grade||7:55 am - 3:10 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:30 - 12:05|
|4th Grade||7:55 am - 3:10 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:45 - 1:25|
|5th Grade||7:50 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:45 - 1:25|
|6th Grade||7:45 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|7th Grade||7:45 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|8th Grade||7:45 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
ONE HOUR LATE START WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE
|½ Day Kinder||9:05 am - 11:55 am||Lunch/Recess||None|
|Kinder||9:05 am - 2:40 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:55 - 12:30|
|1st Grade||9:00 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:05 - 11:40|
|2nd Grade||9:00 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:30 - 12:05|
|3rd Grade||8:55 am - 3:10 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:30 - 12:05|
|4th Grade||8:55 am - 3:10 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:45- 1:25|
|5th Grade||8:50 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:45 - 1:25|
|6th Grade||8:45 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|7th Grade||8:45 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|8th Grade||8:45 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS (half day release)|
|½ Day Kinder||8:05 am - 11:35 am||Lunch||None|
|Kinder||8:05 am - 11:35 am||Lunch||None|
|1st Grade||8:00 am - 11:50 am||Lunch||None|
|2nd Grade||8:00 am - 11:50 am||Lunch||None|
|3rd Grade||7:55 am - 12:05 pm||Lunch||None|
|4th Grade||7:55 am - 12:05 pm||Lunch||None|
|5th Grade||7:50 am - 12:20 pm||Lunch||None|
|6th Grade||7:45 am - 12:20 pm||Lunch||None|
|7th Grade||7:45 am - 12:20 pm||Lunch||None|
|8th Grade||7:45 am - 12:20 pm||Lunch||None|
|INCLEMENT WEATHER DELAYED START TIMES (90 minute delayed start)|
|½ Day Kinder||9:35 am - 11:55 am||Lunch/Recess||None|
|Kinder||9:35 am - 2:40 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:55 - 12:30|
|1st Grade||9:30 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:05 - 11:40|
|2nd Grade||9:30 am - 2:55 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:30 - 12:05|
|3rd Grade||9:25 am - 3:10 pm||Lunch/Recess||11:30 - 12:05|
|4th Grade||9:25 am - 3:10pm||Lunch/Recess||12:45 - 1:25|
|5th Grade||9:20 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:45 - 1:25|
|6th Grade||9:15 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|7th Grade||9:15 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
|8th Grade||9:15 am - 3:25 pm||Lunch/Recess||12:20 - 12:55|
Updated traffic flow plan for 2019-2020. Leman Academy is committed to safety and respect. We count on our supportive families to follow this plan and show respect to one another. Together, we are our scholars' most important role models.
Normal Pick-Up Plan:
- You may drop your scholar off in the morning at either the South Side or the West Side, so go for whichever has the shortest line to keep both sides moving (in the visual below, you may use either the blue or the green line). For drop-off only stop in the far right
- Although walking the scholar in and lingering is tempting, Dr. Leman says it is best to drop and go. We encourage you to do this - just pull up to the sidewalk, wave at the administrator, and feel proud of your child growing up to be more independent.
- The only way adults are permitted into the building is by scanning in your drivers' license at the front office.
- As scholars enter, each grade level has a designated space to play until their teachers line them up to go inside:
- Kindergarten -- inside the gated playground.
- 1-3 Grade -- turf field and courtyard.
- 4-5 Grade -- outdoor basketball courts.
- 6-8 Grade -- inside the gym.
- At pick-up time, the yellow name tag is required to collect your child. Scholar safety is that important. If you do not present the yellow name card, you are required to park and show your driver's license at the front office.
- If we start to back-up, we will ask that you please "double stack" and fill the second lane. This will require that you wait until all those in front of you have their scholars loaded as well. Patience will be necessary because scholar and staff safety always comes first.
- We do not have control over the construction on Stroh Road. This will likely cause delays so we must take this into account and be sure to not back up our car line.
- Please study the this year's Traffic Plan carefully below.
- As always, we expect the adults to model courtesy, respect, and kindness for our scholars in all we do.
Lightning or Inclement Weather Pick-Up Plan (UPDATED 2019-2020):
When lightning is near, we are unable to walk scholars out to cars like we normally do. In order to improve this process, please review the updated lightning plan below and also review the notes about regular pick-up (when we do not have rain or lightning).
- When needed, we will send an "email blast" to all guardians notifying you that we will follow this plan due to weather.
- Keep an umbrella in the car for yourself!
- Because parent/guardians must pick up scholars from teachers inside the building, we ask that you park in either a parking space or in the far right lane and bring your yellow tag all the way to your child or children's classroom(s).
- Please park in such a way that allows traffic to keep flowing around your vehicle.
- Siblings will not be together - they will each remain in their own classroom with their teacher.
- A staff member will be at each door of the building to verify that only those with the yellow name signs are permitted to enter.
- Anyone without a yellow name sign will have to go to the front office with your driver's license.
- Teachers will keep their scholars in classrooms and let them work ahead on homework until their parent/guardian comes to get them directly from the classroom.
- After scholar safety, our next priority will be to not back up traffic on Reata Str. or Stroh Rd. so we will do our best to direct backed-up traffic in such a way that manages that need.